Thank you for coming to this year's Heritage Celebration: Hats off to Garland!
See You Next Year - Date to Be Determined
Garland Heritage Celebration 2018: Hats Off to Garland!
Downtown Garland's Historic Square Between Main & State Streets & Fifth & Sixth Streets
- Celebrate Garland’s rich history on Saturday, April 14 as Downtown Garland hosts the fifth annual Garland Heritage Celebration. This year the celebration will take place on the historic Downtown Square.
- Garland’s Play Streets program will be providing entertainment for children including Gaga Ball, giant Jenga and checkers, corn hole and more.
- Live music on the Heritage Stage starts at 5 p.m. with The Dogensteins and continues at 7 p.m. with Mike Rhyner’s band Petty Theft. Stick around between bands for a cowboy comedy show.
- Test your bull riding skills on the free mechanical bull, your history knowledge with the scavenger hunt and your throwin’ arm with our hat toss.
- Tempt your taste buds with free gourmet cotton candy available in four unique flavors: cherry, piña colada, cake batter and espresso. Intrinsic Brewery will have their creative brews available at an outdoor bar along with several snack vendors and don’t forget about the amazing downtown restaurants that surround the square!
- Premiering at this year's Heritage Celebration is the Landmark Museum's newest exhibit titled Garland Hats: Harry, William and John. The exhibit is about the last 100 years of men’s hat manufacturing in Garland. It tells the story of the big three Harry, William and John:
- Harry Rolnick Of Byer-Rolnick Hat Company
- John Milano of Milano Hat Company
- William C. Cook of Master Hatters
Live Music Schedule on the Downtown Square
- 5 p.m. - Dogensteins
- 7 p.m. - Petty Theft A Tom Petty Tribute Band
Historic Main Street Tour Schedule
- 5:30 p.m. - Walking Tour
- 6:30 p.m. - Walking Tour