Court Open Records Request

If you are seeking certified court records adjudicated in the Brad Neighbor Municipal Court, please complete the records request application by clicking the link below. The Municipal Court records division has custody of court records relating to cases adjudicated within the court as well as documents and records signed by a Brad Neighbor Municipal Court judge in their capacity as judge or magistrate for the City of Garland. 

You may have your records mailed to you, e-mailed to you or you may pick them up in person.  Please note, that due to the size of some record responses that not all delivery options are available. There is a cost of ten cents ($.10 ) per page for records.Additional fees may incur for different types of media or if the record response is larger than 50 pages. A court records clerk will advise you in advance of any charges related to your request. We only accept cash, certified check and money order for records. At this time we do not accept personal/business checks or credit cards for certified records. The court has 10 business days to provide your records or notify you in writing how long it will take to provide you a response.

The court does not have custody or control of police records such as police reports or incident reports. If you are seeking police records you will need to request that from the police department. This court only has court records for cases adjudicated with this court or signed by a Municipal Court judge in their capacity as a judge or magistrate for the City of Garland. Requests for records adjudicated in a different court will need to be requested from the court that adjudicated the case. If you are seeking records for other City of Garland agencies, please contact the City Secretaries office.

Please click here to complete the Certified Records Request form Records Request Form.