Stormwater Management is a city program (not department) that encompasses several city departments. The program's mission is to:
- Maintain natural and man-made drainage ways in free-flowing condition
- Reduce the risk of localized stormwater flooding
- Educate our residents and businesses
- Reduce stormwater pollution as required by Federal law
- Manage floodplain development and the municipal drainage utility system
The City of Garland is actively working to reduce pollution sources, not only for today but also for the generations to come.