- Departments R - Z
- Transfer Station
- Visiting The Transfer Station
Visiting The Transfer Station
All visitors to the Transfer Station must be prepared to show identification to both the scale attendant and the Transfer Station attendant.
- Garland residents must show proof of residency in the form of ID and a current utility bill.
- All other visitors must provide the scale attendant with their license plate number and be prepared to have their vehicle saved in the system.
- All loads must be secured and tarped prior to entering the Transfer Station.
The Transfer Station closes at 5:00 p.m. to the public. Please arrive by 4:30 p.m. to allow yourself enough time to unload before close.
Use of Scales
- Garland residents with proof or residency may bypass the scale.
- Non-Garland residents and commercial customers must stop at the scale and check in with scale attendant.
- One vehicle on the scale at a time.
- Commercial customers and non-Garland residents must provide license plate number to scale attendant.
- All loads must be secured and tarped to avoid a surcharge.
- When paying by check - one check per load is required.
- Payments over the phone are not accepted.
- Every customer is required to provide payment at the time of dumping.
- No cellphone use on Transfer Station property.
- The speed limit at the Transfer Station is 20 mph.
- All guidelines provided by Transfer Station attendant must be followed.
- Scavenging is prohibited.
- Residents must show a valid driver’s license and/or current utility bill as proof of residency.
- Users of the Transfer Station are admitted under the direction of the attendant on duty.
- All incoming loads will be inspected by the attendant.
- Attendant on duty will determine prohibited articles.
- No smoking allowed in the facility.
- Children under the age of 12 must remain inside the vehicle.
- Vehicles hauling waste to all City of Garland managed disposal sites must be secured and enclosed or be covered with a tarp, net, or other means to properly secure the load in order to prevent trash from blowing or falling from the vehicle. Improperly secured loads will assess a $20 surcharge. Find out more information on tarping requirements (PDF).
For more information regarding these rules, contact the Transfer Station at 972-205-3500.